What To Expect
FIRST CLASS? HERE'S WHAT TO EXPECT!
At Fit Soccer Kids, we use the soccer ball as a vehicle to takes your child on a journey of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development. What we do here at Fit Soccer kids is much more than soccer; soccer is the medium we use to plant a seed that will see our kids grow and view fitness and staying active as a way of life and not a hassle.
FIT MINDS HEALTHY FUTURE
Fit Soccer Kids coaching staff will instruct and challenge your child’s skills in each class, all while facilitating a developmental, non-competitive, and fun environment where everyone can learn at their own pace. From a beginner or more advanced level, your child will learn the game’s basic concepts and develop a strong love and appreciation for fruits and vegetables.
Our creative and artistic approach to teaching soccer and fitness will meet the particular needs of your child and age group. Your child will receive a Fit Soccer Kids jersey and water bottle in their first class. In our Fit Soccer kids and Fit Adventure program, we provide all the equipment for play (soccer goals, age-appropriate soccer balls, cones, Fruit and vegetable toys, and much more).
Your First Fit Soccer Kids Class
- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes early for your first class so you and your child can meet the coach, other parents, and all the other kids in the class. Arriving 10 – 15 minutes before class allows your child to receive their Fit Soccer Kids jersey and get comfortable.
- The head coach will have a name tag list of all the kids in the class, so there will be no need to verify your child’s enrollment.
- Coaches cannot accept payments, so please ensure to make payment before your first class.
- At the beginning of the class, your head coach will introduce themselves once more and share a few things about themselves, including their developmental goals for the season, their background with soccer, and why they love to coach. This introduction will be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Sometimes, for the younger children, a child may be timid or in need of parent support for the first few classes. We encourage our parents to join your child in the class as they get used to the new environment.
- We create an environment that facilitates friendliness; we hope all our parents to encourage their little ones to make new friends.
- Bring water; our coaches regularly give water break to keep our little Fit Soccer Stars hydrated.
- Before class, let your child know that the coach will be teaching them fun soccer skills and games, so it is important to use great listening skills and watch closely as the coaches demonstrate activities. Everyone will get a turn.
- On the first day, your child may see familiar faces from attending previous classes, and they will meet many new faces. Each season is a new beginning for us to get together and enjoy a whole season together while having fun playing the beautiful game of soccer.
All our coaches are thrilled to see our existing Fit Soccer Kids families and new families joining together to enjoy the whole Fit Soccer Kids experience. Each Fit Soccer Kids coach is determined to make sure your child is engaged, developing their skills, and having fun all while playing soccer. Our coaches are committed to supporting your child all the way from the beginning to the end of each season.
What to take to your first class
- Plenty of water.
- Soccer cleats are not necessary for players under 5 years.
- Shin guards are not required but can be worn.
Our Classes maintain a specific coach-to-child ratio within all age groups. This ensures every child receives individual attention with the coach to receive all the benefits of each class. Below are they coach -child ratio for our sections; there may be a slight change depending on location and class dynamic.
- The 2-3 years section has a class capacity of 10-12 children depending on the location. We add a second when the class size reaches 4 -5 depending on class dynamic. When the class size reaches 10, we add a third coach.
- The 3-4 years section has a class capacity of 15 children. We add a second coach when the class size reaches 6, a third coach is added when the class size exceeds 12 children.
- The 4-5 years section has a class capacity of 15 children. We add a second coach when the class size reaches 7 children. A third coach is added when the class size exceeds 13 children.
- The 5-7 years section has a class capacity of 15 children. We add a second coach when the class size reaches 8 or 9. A third coach is added when the class size reaches 14
- The 8-10- & 10-12-years sections have a class capacity of 15 children. We add a second coach when the class size reaches 10 children.
Other Class Rules
- Parents or guardians must stay for the entire class if it is not a camp or afterschool programming.
- No toys or food allowed during the class or in play area. Feel free to show coach your toy after class.
- Adult Participation is required for the class section for ages 2-3 years.
For outdoor classes only
If it is raining, you will be notified VIA EMAIL of the class cancellation. We do our best to abide by our 2-hour cancellation class status. Still, we ask for your understanding when classes are canceled from last-minute pop-up showers. If you do not have access to the internet, please feel free to call the office at 718-954-3551.
All classes will be rescheduled towards the end of the season.
Super soccer stars, Manhattan soccer club, Downtown united soccer club, Soccer Bronx, Alba FC. The best soccer Training for boys & girls, South Bronx United, Inc., Bronx youth soccer club, Riverdale Soccer Club Inc, Kids gym, NYC kids, Manhattan kids, Super soccer star, Soc roc soccer, Soccer kids nyc, Alba soccer, Soccer program, Children soccer, Birthday party, Children activities, Summer camp, Motherhood, Team, Pre school, after school activity, early childhood education, sports, club moms